Drinking Too Much Water Can Kill You !

Posted on July 8, 2008. Filed under: News | Tags: , , , |

” While the body can survive without food for about five weeks, the body cannot survive without water for longer than five days. ”

The body’s water supply is responsible and involved in nearly every bodily process, including digestion, absorption, circulation and excretion.

Our human body is made up of 55% to 78% of water. You may think that if you drink plenty of water , you will be healthy as the water would flush out all those toxins in your body. Storing those toxins in your body can contribute to lower back pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, headaches/migraines, asthma, allergies, colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol and neck pain.

The water also helps to reduce sodium buildup in the body, relieve constipation, and maintain proper muscle tone.

Water helps maintain normal body temperature. It is essential for carrying waste material out of the body. Water acts as a solvent for the vitamins and minerals we need everyday for our cells to do their jobs.

How much water do we need per day ?

Doctors recommend the average adult should drink 2.5 liters a day to replace those that are lost through sweating and eliminations.

We may think that drinking lots of water will not cause any harm to our bodies because the system would expel out those excess water that our bodies does not need. This is wrongful thinking because drinking too much water can kill you.

In the UK, a man in order to soothed his painful gums collapsed and died of water overdose.He wanted to relieve those pains by drinking lots of water which numbed his gums. He drank ten liters in eight hours . He had been drinking the same amount for two days .

He thought he was being sensible for not taking the pain killers . Sometimes, the gums can hurt and I will drink plenty of Chinese herbal tea to cool the body. I believed that our body is heaty from eating too much of those heaty foods and the body becomes imbalance. After drinking those herbal cooling tea, the pains disappeared. If the pain is unbearable , then we need to take those pain killers for relief.

Drinking too much water can make the brain swell because of the excess water. He vomited those excess water a few times and I think one should have some common sense to heed the body signals. It is foolhardy to ignore those body signals and he died from a fatal heart attack triggered by the over consumption of water.

Water overdose dilutes vital salt levels in the blood.

Cells and organs then swell and increased pressure in the brain can result in the body shutting down.

Last year two people died in the UK from hyponatremia or a water overdose.

Reference and thanks to ;-

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_can_a_human_survive_without_food_or_water

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1032795/Man-collapsed-died-water-overdose-attempt-soothe-gums.html

Make a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

2 Responses to “Drinking Too Much Water Can Kill You !”

RSS Feed for Laura1318’s Weblog Comments RSS Feed

Great post! I read your other posts as well and I subscribed to your RSS Feed!

Regards,
Mike

Laura1318 :- Thanks for your compliments.


Where's The Comment Form?

Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...

%d bloggers like this: