Highway Toll Increase – Jan 1st !
The toll on six highways will be raised by between 7.69% and 50% on Jan 1 but rates on four major ones, including the closed-toll portion of the North-South Expressway (NSE), will be maintained.
The highways where toll will be increased are the
1) Seremban-Port Dickson Highway (SPDH),
2) North-South Central Link (Elite),
3) the Butterworth-Kulim Expressway (BKE),
4) The Second Link, the New North Klang Straits Bypass (NNKSB),
5) The two ends of the NSE at the Johor Causeway and
6) The Bukit Kayu Hitam toll plaza
The reason for increasing toll rates at some of the highways was because there was low traffic. What kind of logic is that? They should reduce the toll to encourage more volume. If I am not in a hurry, I will drive by the old highway even if it is more expensive than traveling through the toll roads.
If you think the increase is unfair, don’t use the toll roads or ride a motorbike or a battery operated bicycle.
Credit and thanks to ;